It’s already been three weeks since we flew away from Hawaii and left the life we know and love. We have fully transitioned into the world of limbo—no home, no full-time jobs, and no definite plans for the future. It's definitely a bit overwhelming, but most mornings I wake up feeling completely invigorated and ready to be inspired by a new day.
LA to Seattle
We started our trip by flying into Los Angeles and road tripping up the west coast to Seattle. It took us about 10 days to do the drive, finding campsites and friends to stay with along the way, but we definitely could have made the trip last longer. We took a quick detour over into Yosemite to visit Christopher's brother, and could have spent 10 days in that area alone.
A west coast road trip is a bucket list item - if you've never done the drive before, add it to your list right now. What an experience to watch the scenery change from the turquoise waters and dry mountains of California to the moody coastline of Oregon and finally into Washington's bright green and lush forests - so beautiful! Check out our road trip video at the end of this post to see what I'm talking about!
West Coast Road Trip Itinerary
Below is the rough itinerary we followed during our trip and a list of our favorite stops along the way. We also created the perfect Spotify Playlist to accompany a west coast (or any) road trip - you can listen to and add the playlist here.
- LA to Morro Bay
- Points of Interest: Point Dume, Point Mugu State Park, Morro Rock
- Night: Morro Bay State Park
- Morro Bay to Santa Cruz
- Points of Interest: Elephant Seal Vista Point, McWay Falls, Bixby Bridge, Carmel by the Sea
- Night: Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz to Sonora
- Points of Interest: Yosemite National Park
- Night(s): Sonora
- Sonora to Myers Flat
- Points of Interest: Avenue of the Giants
- Night: Hidden Springs Campground
- Myers Flat to Bullards
- Points of Interest: Redwood National and State Park
- Night: Bullards Beach State Park
- Bullards to Nehalem Bay
- Points of Interest: Florence Sand Dunes, Thors Well, Devil's Punchbowl
- Night: Nehalem Bay State Park
- Nehalem Bay to Forks
- Points of Interest: Pacific City, Cannon Beach, Haystack Rock, Sea Level Cafe, Olympic National Forest, La Push Beaches
- Night: La Push
- Forks to Seattle
- Points of Interest: Shi Shi Beach, Cape Flattery, Port Angeles
- Night: Seattle